Would you like to volunteer at our market?
We’d love to involve members of our community and surrounding communities in a great Saturday morning tradition with a friendly neighborhood atmosphere. We hope you’ll think about joining us.
Some ways groups or individuals can volunteer:
- Set-up of our market at 6am on Saturday mornings. Are you an early riser? Our market is one of the few who provide tents for our vendors and our volunteers are always in need of more help to set the tents up before vendors arrive.
- “Second shift” set-up. After tents are set-up, we need help around 7am setting up tables, attaching vendor signs to tents, setting up a small sound system, setting up sandwich board signs, and other odds and ends depending on the events that day.
- Tear-down of the market at noon. Set-up is where we need people the most but we’ll take help at tear down, too!
- Assist kids at the Art at the Market craft table.
- Assist at the Information Booth – help the manager with merchandise, SNAP/EBT token, and market token sales; recording token turn-in from vendors; possibly answer questions from time-to-time; man the booth during times when manager has to step away.
Volunteers can range in age from teenagers on up. They can help on a one-time basis, occasionally, or every week. It’s a great way for youth groups or high schoolers to fulfill community service requirements.
Or maybe you’d be interested in running a food booth (just friends and/or family or to raise funds for a group) Things you would need to know:
Although breakfast items are needed, you can sell most anything you like. You would need to provide your own equipment for cooking and serving. We provide a 10’x10’ tent. We provide electric at no cost. Booth fee is $25 per booth, per market but you keep all your profits. Most food booths need to do multiple markets to make it worth their while. A permit would need to be obtained from St Louis County Health.
Please contact Mary Haux, Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-332-5546 for questions or more details.